Catherine’s Wheel, Second Attempt

Well. . .it’s been too long since I’ve updated this blog. I’ve had a rather difficult (to say the least) summer and really haven’t had much of a chance to do anything. I finished my second Catherine’s Wheel a few weeks ago but there simply hasn’t been much wind. I finally got a chance last week (Sunday, July 29th) to try it out. The breeze just happened to come up and I had it in my car so I gave it a shot. As is evident from the video below, it works!

The problem with the first one is that I hadn’t sewn it together properly (the instructions were about a clear as mud) but I realized what needed to be done and my second one works! Too cool! While the video isn’t the greatest (it was taken with my cell phone) it still shows that I was successful! I want to make some larger ones in the future – I’m especially interested in attaching three or more together with each one spinning in a different direction.

As I mentioned above, this has been an extremely stressful summer – I’m very glad I had my boy with me. Unfortunately, we just haven’t had much of a chance to fly. I’m hoping that things will calm down a bit (I already know they won’t) but I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I really do need to make more kites and assorted goodies. My plan has been to make some fighters but even that hasn’t been possible.

One thought on “Catherine’s Wheel, Second Attempt

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *